Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
For those who don't know me my name is Stephen White and I am currently a student of Architecture at Northeastern University. Going to a school like Northeastern that incorporates the co-op program has really given me the opportunity to do things that I really love most in the world - that is, travel and experience cultures at vast scales and of unfathomable variation. I am currently in Barcelona, Spain working as an intern at DNA Architectos. However, I have a huge heart and passion for food, fashion, and culture as well, and as I find myself venturing out, alone or with new friends, I find myself falling more and more in love with the lovely sphere we call home. I hope that this blog will be both informative of my own travels as well as inspiration for others to not only travel to where I am, have gone, and will be going, but to find themselves dipping into new hobbies and passions, whatever those may be. Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

visit from America!

And I thought time was flying by before! June has gone by without notice. I feel a little bit guilty for not having written more in my blog this month but let me tell you, this month has been a whirlwind of adventures! From work being crazy, to seven friends and my parents all visiting within a three and a half week period, to barely sleeping because life has just been too enjoyable to do so! It's finally time for a nap I think!

But either way, I have been all over town playing tour guide, enjoying the beach (more!), continuing my practice in yoga, and learning more about the history here, etc. First, my two friends Kendra and Hetta came to visit. They had been studying in Sevilla and were backpacking through Europe. They decided to stop in at Barcelona to check out the scene and I hosted them at my house. Such a fun time! Here is a picture of us out at a concert in a club called Moog!

we were attempting to get a cool affect with the fog machine buttttt it didn't really work so well...clearly.

late night yoga with Hetta and Kendra!

Emma and I swimming at Barceloneta beach!

two of my oldest friends, Aliza and her sister Zoe, were visiting Barcelona. It was a childhood reunion after not seeing each other for almost 6 years!

My best friend from back home in DC, Ellie, visited Barcelona too! She has been studying in Valencia and came by for a weekend with some friends! An excellent night of dancing at Shoko Beach Club!

So needless to say, I have been incredibly busy running around playing tourist and entertainer. Back to work this week as well as catching up on sleep that I have missed out on while having everyone visiting!

No comments: