Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
For those who don't know me my name is Stephen White and I am currently a student of Architecture at Northeastern University. Going to a school like Northeastern that incorporates the co-op program has really given me the opportunity to do things that I really love most in the world - that is, travel and experience cultures at vast scales and of unfathomable variation. I am currently in Barcelona, Spain working as an intern at DNA Architectos. However, I have a huge heart and passion for food, fashion, and culture as well, and as I find myself venturing out, alone or with new friends, I find myself falling more and more in love with the lovely sphere we call home. I hope that this blog will be both informative of my own travels as well as inspiration for others to not only travel to where I am, have gone, and will be going, but to find themselves dipping into new hobbies and passions, whatever those may be. Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Sonar Music Festival 2010


Dancin' it out at Sonar!!
Sonar Music Festival is a massive thousand person festival that takes place annually here in Barcelona. The festival is 3 days and two nights of music filled madness, making friends, meeting new people, and of course, dancing the night away to some of musics greatest names. The major hits this year, for my personal tastes, was an endless list of electronic to hip hop, to minimal tech, and beyond. It was tough to run between the three venues, Sonar Lab - Sonar Pub - and Sonar Club, wanting to see two artists who were playing at the same time. I had the pleasure of seeing Sugar Hill Gang, Booka Shade, The Chemical Brothers, Claude VonStroke, Hudson Mohawke, the LuckyMe Showcase, Dizzee Rascal, Air, LCD Soundsystem, 2manyDJs, Joy Orbison, etc. It was a once in a lifetime experience and anyone who has the chance to go should really take the opportunity and go! Here are some photos of the festival!

gotta stretch with Birgit and Benita before dancing for 7 hours!

two really awesome French guys we met!


Emma's friends, Dom and Doug, from London!


really cool girl from Valencia!


The festival was massive. Thousands and thousands of people pouring into the venues to see the notorious artists. People from all over the world were there. I made new friends from all over Europe, Australia, ran into some people from home, some friends from California, etc. Can't even explain what this place was like but if this gives you some scale...and mind you, these are taken at 3 different venues....and yes, that is a massive crowd of people.





walking to take the train home...and alas, architecture! A Toyo Ito hotel!!!


..and heres a photo of the train ride home at 7am...

1 comment: